Do you have a favorite cutting board that you use multiple times every day? Do you ever wonder if bacteria builds up after so many uses and only a wipe-down with a sponge and soap? Well, it does and it is important to occasionally sanitize your cutting board to protect yourself from harmful bacteria such as e-coli and salmonella, especially if you use your cutting board for raw meats and fish. Here is a great recipe and some additional tips fromSavory Lotus on how to keep your workspace (and your loved ones) free from harmful food-born bacteria:
All Natural Cutting Board Sanitizer
- 1/2 cup apple cider or white vinegar per cup of water in a spray bottle (like this) (or like this)
- 3 % hydrogen peroxide in a separate spray bottle (like this)
- Simply spray cutting board with vinegar mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Follow with a liberal spray of hydrogen peroxide and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Gently rise and allow to completely dry.
- After completely dry, follow with a light oiling with coconut oil to protect the surface.
- Click here to see the full article with additional tips on healthy cutting boards.