We are thrilled to announce that medical and allied healthcare workers can enroll in a brand-new elective module being offered by our global training and education partners at the Nutrition Network (NN). The new module, which will be available November 15, 2021, will focus on the application of therapeutic carbohydrate restriction (TCR) to various conditions, and Pre-Registration below offers an early bird special.
The new module, called Nutritional Paradigms for Treating Chronic Disease, will examine the emerging evidence behind how TCR can be applied to various conditions in detail. Through its expert speaker lineup, it shares alternative ways to treat disease, specifically through nutritional intervention, and will look at the different versions of TCR, such as the carnivore and ketogenic diets.
NN is the leading training platform for medical and allied health professionals in the science, research and clinical implementation of therapeutic carbohydrate restriction (TCR) and forms part of SMHP’s MHP accreditation pathwayNutritional Paradigms for Treating Chronic Disease is an elective module that can be completed as part of the advanced training curriculum. It is suitable for medical professionals and allied healthcare workers who are familiar with the TCR lifestyle.
The lecturers include:
- Dr. Robert Lustig MD will be sharing the eight pathologies he deems responsible for chronic disease.
- Dr. Fotinos Panagakos, a dentist, will be discussing periodontal disease and its relationship to overall wellness and key chronic conditions.
- Dr. Joan Ifland, the author of Processed Food Addiction: Foundations, Assessment and Recovery, will be discussing the impact of processed food on immune system function.
- Dr. Nasha Winters, the author of The Metabolic Approach to Cancer, will be looking at the nutritional recommendations for cancer today.
- Peter Cummings, a certified NN Practitioner will be hosting a two-part lecture that will look at the programme his medical fitness centre in New York uses, with an emphasis on cardiometabolic fitness.
- Petro Dobromylskyj, a veterinarian, will also be providing a detailed lecture on how pathological insulin sensitivity could be causing metabolic derangement and adipocyte hypertrophy.
- Tamzyn Murphy, RD, in a bonus lecture, which appeared at the World Nutrition Summit, will discuss the application of the Carnivore Diet in treating a variety of conditions. Tamzyn also returns for a second lecture, in which she discusses how polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may be contributing to modern metabolic diseases.
- NN Managing Director Jayne Bullen will also be examining the carnivore diet through an interview with Janae Cywes, the wife of obesity expert Dr Robert Cywes, who followed the Carnivore Diet throughout her pregnancy.
- Health Coach Tracey McBeath is interviewed about her experience using diet to manage her autoimmune condition.
- Maria Emmerich discusses the management of Lyme disease with nutritional intervention.
- Professor Tim Noakes will share his personal story of moving from embedded to autonomous scientist in a lecture titled A Personal Experience of Scientific Suppression.
Nutritional Paradigms for Treating Chronic Disease will launch November 15, 2021 and will cost $300, but those who register before November 15, 2021 can take advantage of the early bird special of only $210. Enroll here to take advantage of this special offer.